Photo by Chelsea Curtis
The traditional smoking slipper has evolved from loungewear to a stylish shoe for day or evening. Paired with jeans or evening attire, a new crop of signature slippers reflect every personality, with models from whimsical prints to luxurious velvet. Shown here are some of our favorite slippers at Bergdorf Goodman in New York. (212.753.7300, www.bergdorfgoodman.com)
Captions for Photos Above:
- Hadleigh’s four smoking-slipper styles range from a formal ivory pair with a tassel to a relaxed alternative in brown-and-navy plaid ($495 each).
- Barker Black’s black-velvet slippers are embroidered with the brand’s signature skull-and-crossbones emblem, adding a slight edge to an otherwise sartorial look ($825).
- Louis Leeman’s slippers are adorned with hundreds of various-sized black beads and have a soft, pillowed silken inner lining ($995).
- The simple velvet smoking slippers by Giorgio Armani feature distinctive textured leather wrapped around the heel ($750).
- Jimmy Choo’s conversational slippers feature silhouettes of pinup models on a colored paisley print woven with silk thread ($795).
- Bergdorf Goodman’s simple black-leather smoking slippers have pops of color around the ankle ($475 each).
- The tasseled velvet smoking slippers by Maxverre are marked by opulent designs with a East Asian flair ($650 each)